It gets plenty busy around here during the week and sometimes we just need a simple, quick dinner. This one generally pleases our entire family and is not too overwhelmingly processed and unhealthy which can be a problem when you need fast, fast, fast! This can be thrown together in an instant! It’s sort of a non-recipe, really… but, hey, I was hungry…
BLTA WITH GARLIC MAYONAISE
Sliced French Bread (or your favorite kind of bread)
1-2 Large Tomatoes, washed and sliced
1-2 Avocados, sliced
Romaine Lettuce, washed and torn
Your Favorite Bacon, cooked (we like the thick cut Applewood smoked stuff)
For the Mayo:
1/2-3/4 Cup Your Favorite Mayonaise
3 Tsp Garlic Paste
Juice of one large lemon
Salt and Black Pepper to taste (I used about 1/2 Tsp each)
1. Mix all the mayo ingredients together well and refrigerate at least 15-30 minutes ahead of time.
2. Toast French Bread
3. Assemble sandwiches per your taste.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged Aioli, avocado, Bacon, Bread, Brunch, Comfort Food, Condiments, Garlic, Lettuce, Main Dish, Mayo, Mayonnaise, Pork, Sandwich, Tomato, Vegetables
Fall is here and grilling season is coming to an end. So, I thought I’d squeeze in just one more grill recipe before we head toward all things pumpkin and soup! A friend hit the tomato jackpot in her garden and I got to inherit a whole lotta tomatoes! We were grilling so I decided to do a little open face grilled cheese appetizer for us to chomp on while the meat cooked. They are kind of funny looking but, they were tasty!
GRILLED GRILLED CHEESE
16 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
4 Ciabatta Rolls, halved
8 Slices Havarti Cheese
1-2 Fresh Garlic Cloves
Salt & Pepper
1. Fire up the grill and get those coals ready to cook!
2. Scrape each piece of bread with the garlic clove and sprinkle with salt and pepper for flavoring.
3. Brush top side of bread with olive oil and place top side down on the grill for a few minutes to brown and get some nice grill marks going.
4. Flip bread pieces over and top with tomato halves (about 4 on each piece depending on the size of your tomatoes.)
5. Top tomatoes with a slice of cheese.
6. Heat until cheese is melted to your liking.