While it is true that I have not been AWAY on vacation for the entire month of July, I have been on some form of vacation for just about a month. So, slowly getting back to cooking in my own kitchen has been a blessing!
Trying to get caught up with the daily things around here had me scouring for easy recipes this week. I found many versions of this very simple, one-dish shrimp recipe – all were pretty much the same so I ran with it.
Shrimp is a major staple in our home. Foodie Jr. is a shrimp fanatic and I can always count on it being gobbled up. I always keep it on hand for quick, easy and mostly healthy meals.
This recipe has only four ingredients – how much easier can it get? I was pleasantly surprised that for the little effort I put into it, we got a pretty good pay out – all of us liked it. It is almost reminiscent of a scampi with the lemon and butter flavors. I served it with rice and steamed broccoli and it all went really well together. I will most definitely keep this in the quick and easy meal rotation – especially with the school year starting. It’s definitely worth giving a try.
LEMON BUTTER SHRIMP
-1 lb. of peeled and deveined shrimp (I left the tails on)
-1 stick of Butter
-2 medium sized Lemons, sliced thin
-1 packet of Italian Dressing dry seasoning (whatever brand you like)
1. Preheat Oven 350 Degrees.
2. Melt stick of butter in 9×13 baking dish (I did this while the oven pre-heated.)
3. Place lemon sliced on melted butter in a single layer.
4. Place shrimp on lemon slices in a single layer.
5. Sprinkle dressing packet on top of shrimp evenly.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes. (I turned the shrimp once but I don’t think it’s necessary.)