I recently received a bottle of the new K.C. Masterpiece Buffalo Marinade through the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program. Mr. Foodie and I both love buffalo sauce so I was excited to make something with this new marinade. One of my favorite things to do in the kitchen is to come up with fusion recipes, I love taking the unexpected and putting them together. I decided to make some buffalo chicken lumpia, a Filipino version of the spring roll. We generally abide by the ‘anything fried is good’ rule around here and this was no exception. The crispiness of the lumpia wrapper collided with the creaminess of the filling and it worked. We enjoyed it. We used three different dipping sauces – ranch dressing, the K.C. Masterpiece Buffalo Marinade, and a combination of the two. Mr. Foodie loved dipping them in more of the marinade and I really liked the marinade/rancho combo. Thank you to Foodbuzz and KC Masterpiece for the opportunity!
KC MASTERPIECE BUFFALO CHICKEN LUMPIA
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Bottle of KC Masterpiece Buffalo Marinade
1 Packet of Ranch Dressing Seasonings
1 8 oz. Tub of Cream Cheese
50 Lumpia Wrappers
Water, for sealing lumpia
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Mix about 2/3 of the marinade with one packet of ranch dressing seasoning, set aside.
2. Place chicken breasts in crockpot, cover with marinade/dressing mixture and heat on high for 5-6 hours.
3. Once chicken is done, shred finely with forks and let cool completely.
4. Let frozen lumpia wrappers thaw for about an hour (or per package directions, which may vary from brand to brand.)
5. Once chicken is completely cooled, mix in cream chese. (I did this by hand to get it mixed in really well.)
6. Place about a tablespoon of chicken mixture on one end of the lumpia wrapper, rolling and folding in sides until formed. Seal with water.
7. Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat.
8. Fry lumpia in oil until golden brown, let cool slightly before serving with desired dipping sauce.