I really enjoy being a part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program. I was recently picked to try out Duncan Hines and Comstock products for this go round. I was given some coupons for myself and to share with others for free products. All my friends and family were very happy! I chose several products to try: Duncan Hines Decadent Triple Chocolate Cake with the Amazing Chocolate Glaze, Duncan Hines Brownie Mix and the Comstock Lemon Pie filling.
I made the Decadent Triple Chocolate Cake with the Amazing Chocolate Glaze as- is for my mother’s birthday party. This cake was to die for! We all really enjoyed it. I made it as a bundt cake and it was so moist and rich. The Glaze was so, so easy to use and I personally think it is much more yummy than regular frosting. This is definitely a must-try, even if you are partial to scratch baking.
I used the Brownie mix to make a peppermint mocha brownie by just adding one tablespoon of instant espresso powder and 1 cup of chopped white chocolate peppermint bark. I based this around popular holiday drinks as I thought the brownie would lend really well to the flavors. I used a lot more instant espresso than I normally would as I really wanted to drive the mocha flavor home and it worked! The brownies were very easy and turned out just as I had planned so I was really happy with them.
For the Comstock Lemon Pie filling, I made a bread pudding. It was my first time making bread pudding but I really thought that lemon would go well with the texture and mild flavor. Again, I was really happy with the result! It came out creamy with a mild lemon flavor, our family really enjoyed it!
I really urge you to try any of these products, whether to bake as-is or to experiment with putting your own twist on them! Thank you to Foodbuzz, Duncan Hines and Comstock for giving me the opportunity to try these great products!
LEMON BREAD PUDDING
12 Cups of Croissant or Butterflake Rolls, cubed
1 Cup Sugar
2 Cups Whole Milk
1 Tsp Pure Maple Syrup
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Can of Comstock Lemon Pie Filling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a 9×13 pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and maple syrup together. Gradually mix in the milk and the flour until well blended.
3. Add bread cubes to the mixture and stir until all bread cubes have soaked up the liquid. Add half the can of lemon pie filling to the bread mixture and mix well.
4. Add half of the bread cubes to the baking dish. Spread half the can of the lemon pie filling over the entire the layer.
5. Add the remaining bread mixture on top of the lemon pie filling.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, toothpick inserted should come out clean.