I needed to bring a hot dish to a gathering recently and was in a pinch for time. No time to run to the store, so I had to make due with what I had on hand. This was really easy and came out tasty. Great way to use up my extra eggs before they expired too! (Darn those buy one get one free 18 pack sales!) You could easily use the base ingredients for this and add anything – a different vegetable, a breakfast meat, change the spices.. Very versatile!
BAKED RED PEPPER EGGS
1 Dozen Large Eggs
1 Large Red Bell Pepper (or 2 small), seeded and diced
1 Can of Evaporated Milk (Small, 15 0z.)
1 Tsp Salt (you can alter to your taste)
1 Tsp Brown Mustard
1 Tsp Black Pepper (you can alter to your taste)
1 TBS Dried Parsley
1 1/2 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and spray 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, evaporated mil, salt, pepper and mustard. Stir in red peppers.
3. Spread cheese to cover the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Pour egg mixture over the cheese and then sprinkle with parsley.
5. Bake about 45-50 minutes until eggs are set (ovens will vary.)