It’s been quite the whirlwind around here at Foodie Central! School, sports, Scouts and pure craziness hasn’t left a lot of time for cooking, much less blogging!
This sandwich is for Mr. Foodie. He’s a jalapeño popper junkie and I thought this would be right up his alley. This was a yummy sandwich and we both enjoyed it. I made this both with fresh diced jalapeños and with the canned roasted diced jalapeños. Our personal take was that the canned was much better and gave a more authentic popper taste. The fresh diced did not work well for us. I do believe if you took the time to roast your own fresh ones, that would be the best bet though, so if you have the time, definitely go that route!
The ingredient list is general, do as you see fit for with the amounts per your personal taste!
JALAPEÑO POPPER GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
-Sliced French Bread
-Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
-Canned Roasted Dice Jalapeños
1. Butter one side of each slice of bread, and spread cream cheese on the other side.
2. Place butter side down on a non-stick pan over medium heat.
3. Spread a bit of the jalapeños on one slice of bread and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
4. Continue to cook until cheddar cheese melts and then top it with the other slice, cream cheese side down.
5. Once the outside of the bread is crisp and browned to your liking, you are ready to eat!